|Are comic books still taboo amongst the female population?|
I've noticed a massive increase in comic book popularity in the last decade. I was wondering if comic books are still stigma amongst female readers.
|im a girl and i like some comic books ^-^ and i like some manga and stuff but those arent comics i know :) but i dont thinks its a taboo, but im 15 so i cant speak for older people|
|Were Comic Books around the fifites a kind of taboo thing with guys and parents?|
I was just wondering, I know some things when they first started out and their politics and stuff got in the way. In the fifites was it punishable if guys or teens were caught reading any type of comic book?
|It's a little complicated, but here goes...|
In the late 1940's and early 1950's many comics depicted crime and horror and were thought to be a bad influence on guyren. Some cities banned comic books and things were perceived as so bad that a senate Subcommittee was formed to investigate and particularly targeted William Gaines publishing (his line of EC comics).
The bad publicity caused some of the comic book companies to create a 'Comics Code Authority" - a group that would approve stories and comics for publication, The result of this that many comics were censored of even prevented from being published.
After that (for a long while) the comic books were so 'tame' and boring that it was like 'a movie needing a G-rating to get approved' by the CCA (Comics Code Authority).
Here are the some of the guidelines that were in place during the CCA's time in 1954:
* Crimes shall never be presented in such a way as to create sympathy for the criminal, to promote distrust of the forces of law and justice, or to inspire others with a desire to imitate criminals.
* If crime is depicted it shall be as a sordid and unpleasant activity.
* Criminals shall not be presented so as to be rendered glamorous or to occupy a position which creates a desire for emulation.
* In every instance good shall triumph over evil and the criminal punished for his misdeeds.
* Scenes of excessive violence shall be prohibited. Scenes of brutal torture, excessive and unnecessary knife and gun-play, physical agony, gory and gruesome crime shall be eliminated.
* No comic magazine shall use the word horror or terror in its title.
* All scenes of horror, excessive bloodshed, gory or gruesome crimes, depravity, lust, sadism, masochism shall not be permitted.
* All lurid, unsavory, gruesome illustrations shall be eliminated.
* Inclusion of stories dealing with evil shall be used or shall be published only where the intent is to illustrate a moral issue and in no case shall evil be presented alluringly, nor so as to injure the sensibilities of the reader.
* Scenes dealing with, or instruments associated with walking dead, torture, vampires and vampirism, ghouls, cannibalism, and werewolfism are prohibited.
* Profanity, obscenity, smut, vulgarity, or words or symbols which have acquired undesirable meanings are forbidden.
* Nudity in any form is prohibited, as is indecent or undue exposure.
* Suggestive and salacious illustration or suggestive posture is unacceptable.
* Females shall be drawn realistically without exaggeration of any physical qualities.
* Illicit sex relations are neither to be hinted at nor portrayed. Violent love scenes as well as sexual abnormalities are unacceptable.
* Seduction and rape shall never be shown or suggested.
* Sex perversion or any inference to same is strictly forbidden.
* Nudity with meretricious purpose and salacious postures shall not be permitted in the advertising of any product; clothed figures shall never be presented in such a way as to be offensive or contrary to good taste or morals.
Any thing that had these things had to be removed before they could publish.
Since then, the code has been revised but we find that many companies look at the CCA as a bad joke now, and very few comics go for approval from the CCA anymore. The ones that do are Archie Comics, Bongo Comics and SOME DC titles.
For more on this dark time in comic-book history :
The senate subcommittee hearing that led up to the CCA:
and information on the CCA:
BTW: ...as to being punished for having ANY comic book - I don't know. Some cities may have gone so far as to ban them completely but I don't know what punishments were imposed when they were discovered.
As a little bonus:
CNN ran a story on it's website back in 2008 and it features some of the covers that were deemed unsuitable in the hearings including the one that was used in the hearings:
for the pictures:
and the main article:
|I need to find the certificate of authenticity for the Taboo comic books, how do i do that?|
it should be a butcher in india holding a lemar or some type of fury animal with his family and w hole bunch of cuts of meat behind him, like cow sides and humans, i think the comic came out in '98 but i dont know which one it is, i just want to find the certificate of authenticity so i can use it to draw, that would be a good morbid and trippy painting. thanks guys.
|go here www.comicon.com/bissette/bissette…|
or email the creator firstname.lastname@example.org
sorry, wish i could be more help.
|Does anyone know where I can find the Taboo series by Bissette?|
It was a horror comics series in the 80s and I want to nab some!!!!
try it i think it may be there
|What is the most shocking Manga ever released?|
Out of all the officially published Manga (No Doushinji or self published web comics, only things that were sold commercially by a regular publisher), what is the most shocking Manga ever released?
Why was it so shocking? For example, sex, violence, breaking social taboos, etc.
Actual Manga only, not US comics with a Manga style, or Chinese/Korean publications.
|X is considered the most "shocking manga/ anime"|
But there are others like Kite that had to be edited 3 times and have 1/4 of the movie removed.
Kite was outrightly banned in China and Norway.
|Are some things taboo that you can't joke about?|
Can you really not see the lighter side of things?
Should a comic about Islam spark violence?
What is your taboo subject?
|I'm sure I've heard the worst of the worst. Nothing is off limits with the right crowd.|
|Does Superman at any point in the comics know that Bruce Wayne is Batman?|
Were there ever any issues where Superman was revealed Bruce Wayne was Batman, or is that strictly taboo in the books? Please tell me!!!!
|If you ever read Justice League, you know that Superman and Batman are well aware of the others' identity. The actual story of when as changed over the years to be able say that's when they knew. Relax. They know and other heroes know their identities. I especially like reading Justice League to see the heroes refer to each other by their real names instead of their codenames.|
|Please help me with my comic strip project. Any topic for a second year student like me?|
Any topic that is not taboo,maniac or anything bad.
What I like is stories about friendship,fantasy or anything that is enjoying to read.Thank you.
|1. An abandoned cat who learns to talk. He goes in search of an owner, but meets a lot of bad people and animals along the way.|
2. A girl who discovers she has a talent for painting, but feels that her paintings are lacking something, so she seeks advice from others as she tries to find out what her paintings are missing. Along the way she meets many people and paints them and their stories, learning life lessons along the way.
3. When she dreams a girl finds herself in another world. This world is a giant castle filled with monsters. Each monster is very idividual. Some are nice, some are mean, but all are asking her to be her master, and telling her that she can only be the master of one of them. They won't explain further and the girl is very confused. Every night she is forced to return in her dreams to try and figure out what is going on, but her lack of sleep and newfound stress is taking a toll on her normal life.
4. A girl and her half sister try to become closer by taking swing dancing lessons together.
5. A girl and her friend go to the park and meet a talking bird. They are enchanted and return every day. The girl's older brother realizes something strange is happening, and follows them one day. He wants them to stop, but they get angry with him.
|Any body know where i can locate the taboo charming mother manga?|
so yeh? the comic
|try ebay or amazon.com i just got the complete set of forbidden dance and thats out of print|
|Does he deserve a chance?|
My husband and I have been married for 7 years. We have two guyren ages 3 and 1yrs. He is a WONDERFUL father and has never let me down. We have over the years hit several rough patches in our marriage. But we believe in making it work..and we are determined. During some of these times, porn has been a big issue. Until I grew up and realized that men look..even the good ones. I have found that men look at all sorts of things. And at one point, they have probably looked at every kind of porn out there. A few years ago, I was snooping. I found some taboo porn on my husbands computer. I was angry. I told him never ever again I wanted to see anything like that..or I was leaving. Yesterday, I found it again. This time he told me he did not know what it was..that he had just downloaded a whole folder full of manga comics. That he had not even opened it yet because it had not finished when he checked it last. In it was some very strong taboo porn/comics. Including incest. I was sick!
|You sound like me months ago. My husband HAD a porn problem, its a guy thing...they are visual creatures. I was very angry when I found it on the computer. Then he moved onto cheating on me. I realized the porn wasn't as big of a deal. We are working things out and he has committed to conquering the porn. He joined a mens bible study and they discussed the book "every man's battle". This was a true blessing to him and us. He no longer has the need/urge to look at porn. He said the book was difficult to deal with but was truly helpful. I would suggest counseling or a mens group for your husband to overcome this. BUT that means absolutely NO porn, ever. He has to learn to bounce his eyes, porn leads to nothing good. If you need more advice, send me an email. Good luck.|